Going paperless is a great way to reduce your agen slot online company’s footprint on the environment, improve its organization and increase transparency into your business’s daily operations, not to mention all the storage space you’ll reclaim after ditching the file cabinets. To create a paperless office, tools like document management software and electronic invoicing platforms are widely available. Moreover, the price of cloud storage continues to decline.
There has never been a better time to go paperless. Here’s how to create a paperless office.
Benefits of a paperless office
Although transitioning to a paperless office might not happen overnight, the change can be well worth the effort. The benefits of going paperless include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Lower costs. The costs of paper, ink, toner and printer maintenance add up. By converting to a paperless office, or at least a nearly paperless office with just one centralized all-in-one printer, you can save money in the long run. Plus, many cloud storage solutions, such as Evernote, are extremely affordable, making it easy for your employees to access all the documents they need anytime, on any device.
- Secure access. No matter where or when your employees need to access your company’s documents, a paperless office enables them to do so. Electronic document management platforms can be signed into from any location at any time, only by people with the necessary credentials. A strong username and password can be more secure than a traditional file cabinet, too, keeping your most sensitive documents safe.
- Increased office space. Printers and file cabinets occupy precious office space. Going paperless eliminates these common office obtrusions, freeing up valuable room for anything else you need.
- Workflow automation. Gone are the days of digging through a file cabinet to find the appropriate document. With electronic document management, you and your colleagues can sort through files in just a few clicks to easily find exactly what you need.
- Paperless statements. A paperless office means minimizing incoming mail too. Rather than having to sort and organize stacks of invoices, instead, your team can download paperless statements and save them to the appropriate digital folder. If your business sends invoices to clients or customers, going paperless lowers your postage costs.
- Decrease your environmental impact. Every business causes carbon emissions to some degree, but going paperless means your company can easily eliminate a major driver of its environmental footprint.